Commercial spaces are increasingly subject to the risk of robbery and theft. Whether it’s a store, a business, a warehouse or an office, your commercial space can no longer do without a video surveillance system. That said, this article explains why an “IP” type system should be your choice for this Surveillance Camera.
Analog video surveillance is obsolete
Maintaining old systems costs more because of the number of upgrades and replacements required. These older systems become less and less reliable over time. This is why it is important to start investing in a more modern system.
IP video surveillance can record a large amount of footage, which is ideal because it is difficult and expensive to hire someone to watch the images live and continuously. The software that comes with your IP system will warn you in the event of an intrusion or abnormal situation. This then gives you the option to check your cameras to see what’s going on and lets you decide which steps to take.
Remote monitoring has many advantages. For example, you can check the cameras wherever you are and anytime. If you are notified of a problem, you can use any device to monitor and control the security camera systems in Chicago on the premises.
Ease of installation
You just need to plug in your system which will be up and running in minutes. If you want to access the cameras on other devices, you will need to download software that remains very simple to use.
IP video surveillance camera system
A scalable and flexible system
You can change the size of your camera fleet very easily. If you want more cameras to be placed in new locations, they can be added one at a time as desired.
Use your existing infrastructure
If you delete your old analog system, you can keep the basic structures that held it in place and simply install the new IP cameras.
There is no need to continue upgrading your old system. This upgrade will be done automatically and free of charge. You can also save yourself the extra costs in case of break and enter. Since these systems are more efficient, proving the offense or intrusion is easier and therefore costs you less.
Many companies must keep the images for a certain period of time. Storage of old systems is risky because it is done on site, while IP system footage is stored using a much more secure NVR (network video recorder).
IP video surveillance has better resolution than analog surveillance. This is exactly what you need to get a quality image for zooming in on faces.
Reliability and durability
IP security is a high-tech, high-resolution, practical, compact, flexible and economical security system. If you decide to secure your property with IP video surveillance, contact a professional to provide you with top quality installation.
Your home security checklist
We all start each new year with the same resolve: to stay safe and healthy. To keep this resolution, here is a checklist for your home security:
- Test the carbon monoxide and smoke detectors.
- Inspect the nanometer of fire extinguisher to see if the needle is in the green and replace or repair it if it is outside the area.
- Create an evacuation emergency plan.
- Store flashlights with fresh batteries in each room in the event of a power failure.
- Update the inventory of your possessions in case you need to file an insurance claim after a burglary.
- Put a contact sheet on the refrigerator with the emergency numbers.
- Check the hood fan for any signs of grease buildup and clean it.
- Vacuum the coils on your refrigerator to remove dust and dirt that could cause a fire.
- Clean the breaker in your home to reduce the risk of power surges.
- Check that the hoses are not frozen.
- Change the boiler filters every 6 weeks to keep your air clean while your home is heating up.
- Dust and wash the air vents to purify the air in your home.
Reconstitute the first aid kit.
Check the attic insulation using a meter to measure the depth of the insulating layer.
- Inspect your outdoor lighting to see if any lights need to be replaced or added. Well-lit homes are less targeted by burglars.
- Look for new cameras and security systems and add them outside or inside your home before the peak of the summer burglary season
Why is it necessary to install a video surveillance system in a bar?
Help your staff feel safe
Your staff deserve to feel safe where they work. Video surveillance can help make them feel safe from the insecurity that sometimes reigns in the night world. In bars, staff often work late and in rather poor lighting. The cameras can therefore help them to feel safe. It is recommended to install a few cameras outside your building. They can monitor the smoking areas and around your bar. These cameras will also have a positive effect by securing the area around the bar when your employees are finished and when they take over service.
Check who leaves your bar and who enters it
Cameras can capture the faces of those who leave the bar in a hurry. They will be able to anticipate fights, inside or outside your establishment, which will make its atmosphere more conducive to your commercial activities.
Protect your staff and customers
A video surveillance system will deter criminals from carrying out illegal actions.
If they fear being identified and if they know they can be monitored, they are less likely to choose your restaurant as a target.
Putting up posters in your bar to remind customers that they are being watched may be a good strategy. But you still need to make sure that your video surveillance complies with the rules that govern their privacy .
Keep an eye on your activities
As a business owner, you need to be there 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to keep everything going. This is obviously impossible, but this fine knowledge of your bar can be achieved thanks to an effective video surveillance cameras Chicago.
With a monitoring system, you will be able to check the records of the hours you were not there, even from your home, using remote monitoring software.
Why install a video surveillance system in a commercial space?
Video surveillance not only prevents crimes, it can also be used to recognize and prosecute the perpetrator of the crime. CCTV images are admissible as evidence in court and constitute an element which has become almost compulsory for the prosecution of the perpetrators of a burglary or robbery. It is this kind of evidence that plays a crucial role in the identification of criminals. Unfortunately, burglary isn’t the only threat your business faces. If you run a larger business, you must take the threat of assault against your staff seriously. Therefore, CCTV cameras are not only useful in preventing robberies,
It is essential that your employees feel safe in the workplace. Otherwise, it can lead to an increase in the number of days off and a high employee turnover rate. Several studies have shown that insecurity at work leads to a significant drop in the productivity of a company. The safety of your employees therefore not only benefits them, but also the health of your company as a whole.
Where to place your CCTV cameras?
- Close to hidden windows, so that no entry point is invisible to your security.
- In front of all of your doors (fire, main, secondary, service, emergency exit, etc.)
- In the parking lot, to watch for unusual cars running in or near your establishment.
- On the stairs, even emergency, because everyone who has entered your establishment will have to go up the stairs to get around.