Institute of Banking Personnel Selection has announced the notification to hire for 4336 PO vacancies. The IBPS PO Recruitment will be done in 3 stages:- Prelims, Main Exam & Interview. More than 20 Lakh aspirants appear for this prestigious exam every year.
IBPS PO Exam Dates
Refer to the examination schedule set by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection for Recruitment 2019 and be ready for all major events in advance.
- IBPS PO Notification 2019 was released on 2nd August 2019.
- Last Date to Apply for the examination was 28th August.
- The Admit Card for pre-examination training will be released on the 3rd week of September 2019. IBPS PO Admit Card will be downloadable from October 2019.
- The Prelims Exam to be conducted on 12th, 13th, 19th & 20th October.
- IBPS PO Mains Examination will be conducted on 30th November 2019. Candidates will need to prepare for the main exam in advance as there isn’t much time between prelims & mains.
IBPS PO Vacancy 2019
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection is looking to hire 4336 eligible candidates for the post of Probationary Officer. IBPS hires for multiple Public-sector banks across the country.
- Reputed banks like Bank of India, Allahabad Bank, Union Bank of India, UCO Bank, Bank of Maharashtra, Canara Bank e.t.c recruit through with the help of IBPS PO exam.
- IBPS PO 2018 hired 4252 eligible candidates, the number of vacancies has gone up with 2019 Recruitment.
- Being appointed into Public Sector-Banks comes with many perks and is considered to be a highly reputable job.
IBPS PO Salary
The Public-Sector banks pay Probationary Officers handsomely and also have a reputation of showering them with perks and benefits.
- The In-Hand salary of a Probationary Officer is Rs 37,360 to Rs 38,700.
- Wage-Revision in accordance with the 11th Bipartite settlement will be implemented soon, this will provide a 15% hike to all existing bank employees.
- With job-security, additional perks provided by the respective banks and tremendous growth opportunity in the banking sector, working as a Bank PO can be a very good career move.
Selection Process & Exam Pattern
All candidates have to undergo 3 stages to be appointed as a PO – Prelims, Mains & Face to Face Interview. The IBPS PO Result is expected to be released in November 2019.
- Preliminary Examination is qualifying in nature. Marks scored in prelims are not considered in the final appointment.
- Institute of Banking Personnel Selection releases the Cut Off for all 3 stages.
- Final Merit List is decided based on the marks scored in Mains exam & Interview. Final Merit list = 80% (Mains Exam) + 20% (Interview)
Prelims Exam Pattern
The Prelims Exam will be conducted on 12th, 13th, 20th and 21 October 2019.
- Duration- The exam will be conducted online for a duration of 60 minutes.
- Prelims exam tests candidates in English, Numerical Ability & Reasoning Ability.
- IBPS PO Negative Marking- For each incorrect answer there is a markdown of 0.25 marks.
- Sectional Cut Off- Candidates must clear the sectional cut off in the preliminary exam to be eligible for Mains CWE.
IBPS PO Syllabus
The Syllabus for the Bank PO examination focuses on English, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, Computer Applications & General Awareness. These topics have been divided in the prelims & mains examination.
- The Syllabus is primarily focused on banking terminologies & the general Aptitude of candidates who apply for the exam.
- The difficulty level of the exam is Moderate with regular practice of important topics in IBPS PO Syllabus, the exam can be cracked in the first attempt