Ever used coloured contact lenses? No? Well, this is the perfect time and age to use these amazing fashion devices for yourself. Coloured lenses are so popular nowadays that you could easily see many people using these lenses every day. No fashion accessory or cosmetic product can provide you with the effect that coloured contact lenses provide. And guess what? These contact lenses can also be used for certain festivals such as the Halloween and there are cheap Halloween contact lenses UK available for you to enjoy.
But you would at least like to know what are coloured contact lenses, right? I mean you just cannot use special effect coloured lenses without learning about them. There is quite a bit of information out there about coloured lenses and it is essential that you know about it so you can use them with full effect. So, let us answer some very frequently asked questions about coloured contact lenses.
Why use coloured contact lenses at all?
Well, if you want to enhance your lifestyle and become as fashionable as ever, coloured contact lenses provide one of the best and easiest solution. They are available at affordable prices with many different colours and types. Coloured lenses have coloured tints that sit on the iris and blend in with the natural eye colour. This enhances the eye colour and still looks completely natural.
What are the main types of contact lenses?
- Daily disposable – The daily disposable coloured contact lenses are those that can be used for a whole day. After that, you must discard them. They are only good for one-time use only. If you like to use them again, you need a new pair.
- Disposable (fortnightly/monthly) – These coloured contact lenses are a bit different from the daily disposable. They must be disposed of after they have expired but their life is as long as a week, fortnight or a month. These coloured lenses require proper care and maintenance. You need to clean them after use and store them safely.
- Thirty-day Continuous Wear – The extended contact lenses, these are used for 30 days or even more. You can wear them for weeks without taking them off. They are different from other types of disposable lenses. Still, you are required to clean them to maintain their health.
- Custom Coloured Contact Lenses – These lenses are specially made for a user. Their designs and tints are a bit different. Many sportsmen use them nowadays.
Are coloured lenses safe to use?
Coloured contact lenses are perfectly safe to use. To be perfectly clear, coloured contact lenses are just like any other contact lenses. The difference is that they have a coloured tint on them that provides a special colour effect on the eyes.
Apart from that, there is no difference that makes them perfectly safe to wear. Of course, you need to use them cautiously and safely. You must follow the safety guidelines to ensure you are using the coloured contacts in a healthy way. At the end that is the case with every other contact lens. For example, you must clean them after every use, then you must not share them with anyone. Also, you should only clean them with the disinfectant solution that came with them. Do not use water or any homemade solution to clean the lenses.
Are contacts hard to take care of?
Care and maintenance of lenses depend and vary with the types of contact lenses.
- GP Contacts – They may have a longer lifespan, but you are still required to clean them daily and after every use to ensure they are perfect for use…
- Daily disposable soft lenses – As mentioned earlier, they only last till first-time use. That means they require no cleaning whatsoever. You buy a new pair after every use.
- Other disposable soft lenses – You need to clean them after every use till their expiry.
Cleaning is not difficult. All you have to do is put them on your palm and drop some solution and rub it with your finger. After that, you should put them safely in the case filled with the solution.
Can I sleep while wearing my contact lenses?
Only if you are wearing extended coloured lenses. Other than that, you cannot. It will certainly harm your eyes so you should take them off before going to sleep.
I’m concerned with putting lenses in my eye. Why?
That is always the case with first times users of coloured contact lenses. Everyone is afraid of using coloured lenses the very first time. All you have to do is to see tutorials and take the help of some experts so that you can learn about inserting coloured contact lenses.
With practice, you will get hold of it perfectly. There is no danger with inserting coloured lenses in your eyes.