In America, 55 million meetings are conducted on a weekly basis through meeting planning software held annually in America, surpass well above a billion. That’s right, America meets a ton!
That means more than a quarter of the total time of an average American working in an organization is spent attending meetings. In 2017 Cisco reported that 37% of employee time is spent in meetings.
Imagine engaging your attendees at your business conferences or corporate events at a whole new level. Leveraging event planning software, you can even attract more attendees to your conferences and trade shows. Think how helpful would it be to increase event ROI?
There is a ton of event planning software on the market. Before committing to technology, why not compare the most popular event planning tools? With this guide, you can be sure to choose the best tool for your unique event.
Start by prioritizing your needs. Would you like to save time handling tedious event management tasks such as creating and updating conference schedules over and over? Would you like to increase attendee participation and help your exhibitors create more businesses? Or how about saving money with a better event registration / ticketing system?
Meeting management software has been a tremendous help in enabling teams to achieve a myriad of goals within a cost-effective approach. However, even the modern methods of conducting meetings have their downside; patchy network, technical issues and choppy video, to name a few.
Why Do You Need a Meeting Planning Software
In today’s dynamic workplace, people are busy and often work from different locations. Meetings are essential for everyone to be on the same page. A meeting planning software will allow multiple parties to communicate in one central place and also keep and share relevant documentation in a fuss-free manner. A meeting management software will provide reminders and notifications and also assign tasks as discussed in the meeting. This will allow all members to schedule their time effectively. The software will have features to record, take notes and manage minutes which means there will be no loss of information. Event planning software will have templates for registration, marketing campaigns, and diagrams. These can be customized as per your preferences. This can save time and effort in creating pages, reports and promotional material for specific events. Meeting management software will have a user-friendly interface and are easily customizable. This will help you to set up meetings efficiently and also manage all information related to the meeting within the tool. This saves time and effort and also reduces dependence on documentation tools such as spreadsheets or word processors.
Key Features of a Meeting Management System
Some of the key features of an effective meeting management system are –
- Meeting Registration: The meeting details such as time, duration, location, access details, subject, agenda, and attendees can be set up.
- Attendee Data Management: The information related to attendees such as their contact details, their responses to meeting can be managed.
- Automated Notifications: Notifications related to meeting schedules, meeting reminders, meeting initiation, joining the meeting and end of the meeting are available within the system and as emails.
- Audio Calls: Provide facility to attendees join in meetings through VOIP calls or phone calls.
- Add-on features: The meeting software usually has functions for chat, Q&A, feedback, recording, note recording, and screen sharing. It has the ability to action items and to assign tasks to people.
- Customization: The software allows for customization so that it can be integrated with the company’s or project’s branding and design.
- Reporting and Printing: Meeting minutes and other data can be saved and printed in different formats.
- Integration: It will be useful for the meeting planning software to integrate with popular calendars such as MS Outlook and Google calendar and with tools such as Slack or Microsoft Teams.
- Event Planning: The meeting management software can be extended to be an event planning program. It can be designed to have features such as, spreadsheets or word processors.
- 1. Printing of badges or tickets
- 2. Integration of barcodes for check-in
- 3. Different payment modes for attendees to pay and join the event
- 4. Event promotion functions to promote events via emails, newsletters or through social media
A meeting management application should have these features so that you have more constructive and effective meetings.