What is Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS)?
Deploy and manage containerized applications more easily with a fully-managed Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS).
Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) may be a controlled container orchestration service, maintained the open-source Kubernetes system, which is obtainable on the Microsoft Azure public cloud. Azure Kubernetes Service provides serverless Kubernetes, an integrated continuous integration and continuous delivery experience, and enterprise-grade security and governance. An organization can use AKS to deploy, scale, and handle Docker containers and container-based applications across a cluster of container hosts.
Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) Benefits
Azure Kubernetes Service is currently competing with both Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS) and Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE). It offers numerous features like creating, managing, scaling, and monitoring Azure Kubernetes Clusters, which is attractive for users of Microsoft Azure. the subsequent are some benefits offered by AKS:
- Efficient resource utilization: The fully managed AKS offers easy deployment and management of containerized applications with efficient resource utilization that elastically provisions additional resources without the headache of managing the Kubernetes infrastructure.
- Faster application development: Developers spent most of the time on bug-fixing. AKS reduces the debugging time while handling patching, auto-upgrades, and self-healing and simplifies the container orchestration. It definitely saves tons of your time and developers will specialize in developing their apps while remaining more productive.
- Security and compliance: Cybersecurity is one of the foremost important aspects of recent applications and businesses. AKS integrates with Azure Active Directory (AD) and offers on-demand access to the users to greatly reduce threats and risks. AKS is additionally completely compliant with the standards and regulatory requirements like System and Organization Controls (SOC), HIPAA, ISO, and PCI DSS.
- Quicker development and integration: Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) supports auto-upgrades, monitoring, and scaling and helps in minimizing the infrastructure maintenance that results in comparatively faster development and integration. It also supports provisioning additional computing resources in Serverless Kubernetes within seconds without fear about managing the Kubernetes infrastructure.
Azure Kubernetes Service Use Cases: We’ll take a glance at different use cases where AKS may be used.
- Migration of existing applications: you can easily migrate existing apps to containers and run them with Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS). You can also control access via Microsoft Azure AD integration and SLA-based Azure Services like Azure Database using Open Service Broker for Azure (OSBA).
- Simplifying the configuration and management of microservices-based Apps: you can also simplify the development and management of microservices-based apps also as streamline load balancing, horizontal scaling, self-healing, and secret management with Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS).
- Bringing DevOps and Kubernetes together: AKS is additionally a reliable resource to bring Kubernetes and DevOps together for securing DevOps implementation with Kubernetes. Bringing both together, it improves the safety and speed of the development process with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) with dynamic policy controls.
- Ease of scaling: AKS also can be applied in many other use cases like easy scaling by using Azure Container Instances (ACI) and AKS. By doing this, you can use AKS virtual node to provision pods inside Azure Container Instance (ACI) that start within a couple of seconds and enables AKS to run with required resources. If your AKS cluster is run out of resources, if will scale-out additional pods automatically with none additional servers to manage within the Kubernetes environment.
- Data streaming: AKS also can be accustomed to ingest and process real-time data streams with data points via sensors and perform quick analysis.
Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) Deep Dive Free Course
Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) deep dive free course will produce a whole roadmap for Docker, Kubernetes, and Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) for those people that want to begin their journey to containerized application in Azure, cloud, and find a true deep dive with hands-on.
This course built from the bottom up. So, you can use it as a real beginner as well as advanced level.
It has several modules, lessons, and demos that cover the whole course. Moving from the very basic to very advanced topics with deep hands-on labs and demos.
The course is structured to create it very easy to navigate between modules, lessons, and demos as well as easily finding any video inside the course. Read more about Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) Deep Dive Free Course.
This course is obtainable in two languages, English & Arabic (عربى), so, it’ll be available on both channels.
Free AKS Course (English)
Free AKS Course (Arabic)