The need for advanced safety features that can control any unauthorized access to a vehicle is growing. At the same time, the security requirements at the entry gates of commercial and residential buildings are also growing. Research & development centers, power plants, and nuclear power zones, among other establishments, happen to be vital for the economy of a nation. Such establishments often house confidential information and hence they need to be protected from any unauthorized vehicular entry. These are the major factors that are driving the demand for advanced access control systems for vehicles.
Technological innovations that have led to the development of advanced vehicle access control systems to provide an exceptional driving platform are also encouraging consumers to opt for a vehicle boasting the latest access control system. Moreover, aggressive investments being made by automotive companies to reduce the deployment cost of vehicle access control systems is expected to increase the penetration of these systems across low- and mid-end automobiles, thereby contributing to the market growth.
Apart from commercial and residential buildings, vehicle access control systems can also be installed across tollways. The traffic management capabilities of these systems can help in reducing traffic congestion at tollways. Moreover, advances in technology are helping in increasing the acceptability of vehicle access control systems by enabling various combinations of non-biometric systems and biometric systems.
Growing concerns over safety and security of vehicles in developing as well as developed nations are expected to drive the demand for access control systems for vehicles over the forecast period. Vehicle access control solutions can also contribute toward efficient traffic management as they can also be used to control vehicle access across tollways, bridges, and public buildings, thereby driving the market growth.
The rising instances of car thefts all over the world are particularly necessitating the installation of access control systems for vehicles. For instance, a total of 773,139 vehicles were stolen in the U.S. in 2017, which was approximately 1% higher than the previous year. Improved security features offered by the modern vehicle access control systems is particularly encouraging car owners to equip their cars with these systems.
The biometric segment is expected to witness the fastest growth owing to the ability of biometric systems to ensure a high level of security for vehicles. Biometric solutions can be based on various technologies, such as fingerprint recognition, face recognition, and iris recognition. Given that biometrics, such as fingerprints and irises, are characteristic to every individual and are unique and unrepeatable, any solution based on biometrics can provide unmatched security.
Request a Sample Copy of the Global Vehicle Access Control Market Research Report @ www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/vehicle-access-control-market/request/rs1
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Implementation of innovative vehicle access control technologies, such as keyless entry, tracking, and fingerprint-enabled ignition switch, to enhance the driver’s experience is expected to drive the market growth
- The tollways segment dominated the vehicle access control market in 2018 and is expected to witness healthy growth over the forecast period owing to the continued implementation of RFID systems across highways to improve the traffic management
- The commercial buildings segment is expected to witness the fastest growth owing to the growing need to prevent unknown or unauthorized people from bringing their vehicles inside commercial buildings
- The Asia Pacific regional market is expected to register the fastest growth over the forecast period as manufacturers in the region are trying aggressively to reduce the deployment costs so that these systems can also be featured in low- and mid-end cars
- Key market players, such as Continental AG, Robert Bosch GmbH, Hella GmbH, Nuance Communication, Smartrac N.V., and Lear Corporation, are pursuing various strategies to strengthen their foothold in the market. All these players are trying to defend their market share and expand it further. Initiatives being pursued and strategies being adopted toward this end include striking strategic partnerships, making strategic investments, and engaging in mergers and acquisitions
- Market players are also launching new products and services and maintaining competitive prices. For instance, in February 2019, Continental AG acquired Kathrein Automotive GmbH of Germany. Kathrein Automotive GmbH happens to be a provider of antenna and satellite technology. Continental AG envisages leveraging the acquisition to strengthen its vehicle connectivity business. Continental AG has also expanded its portfolio to include various products from rod antennas to the intelligent antenna modules. Intelligent antennas can be used for various applications, including remote access keys and telematics solutions.
Access full research report on global vehicle access control market: www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/vehicle-access-control-market