Dubai is a city that thrives on tourism. The city with its marvelous buildings, malls, beaches, hotels, restaurants, etc. attracts millions of people every year. The best time to visit is during winter when the temperatures drop down and the city becomes cooler. On the other hand, visiting during summer can be torturous as the temperature can go beyond 50oC. But the city would be less crowded during this season. Whatever season you are planning to go to Dubai, the first thing you must check out is your visa requirement. Passport holders of countries like Singapore, the USA, the UK, Australia, Italy, Ireland, etc. do not require a Dubai visa. However, for the rest of the population, applying for a Dubai or UAE visa beforehand is a necessity.
Dubai Visa Online – All You Need to Know
Types of Dubai Visa
Before you fill the form and send in your visa application, it is crucial to know what type of visa you would be applying for. Dubai or UAE offers several types of visas for various purposes.
- 96 Hours Visa: The 96 hours visa is perfect if you have to stay at the Dubai airport for a long time to take a connecting flight. Apart from being a transit visa, it is also great for short business visits.
- 14 Days Visa: The 14 days Dubai tourist visa is apt for a short holiday. The visa is valid for 58 days from the date of sanction. However, it is not extendable.
- 30 Days Visa: If you want to explore the city and the nearby Emirates in detail, the 30 days would give you the chance to stay in the UAE for a month. Multiple entries 30 days visa is also available.
- 90 Days Visa: The 90 days visa is perfect for those who are planning a long Dubai trip, perhaps to meet their family and friends or to look for a job. If you have to frequently travel to and from Dubai during these 90 days, you can also opt for a multiple entry visa.
Dubai Visa Requirements
Your visa application process would not be complete or approved if you do not submit some necessary documents. Here are the crucial Dubai visa requirements.
Application Form: One of the most important things is the visa application form. You can download the form online. The form has to be filled completely and correctly. Apart from providing all your personal information, you also have to mention details like the type of visa, the purpose of your visit, duration, etc.
Supporting Documents: Here is a list of documents that you need to submit along with your visa application form:
- Passport: Coloured scanned copies of the first and last page of your passport have to be submitted. The passport should have at least 6 months of validity.
- Photographs: Recent colored, passport size photos should be included with the documents. The background should be white and the image clear. Avoid wearing spectacles, sunglasses or a headgear (except for religious purposes) while taking the picture.
- Cover Letter: You need to write a cover letter that mentions the purpose and duration of your visit.
- Flight Tickets: You have to attach the printed copies of your confirmed, return flight tickets.
Apart from the above documents, you would also have to fulfill anyone of the following:
- Travel Record: People who have traveled to the UK, USA, Australia, Schengen countries, Russia, Japan, New Zealand, Canada, Switzerland, and the European Union in the past 5 years.
- IT Returns: In case you do not have travel records, you can submit proof of the last two years’ IT or tax returns.
- Invitation: Invitation from a family member or friend residing in Dubai or UAE is also applicable.
- Newly Married Couple: Newly married couples have to submit a copy of their marriage certificate along with wedding cards, marriage photographs, photo ID proof and NOC from parents.
Step-by-Step Guide to Process Your Dubai Visa
- Scan all the supporting documents and keep them ready.
- Once you complete the application form, submit it online along with the documents.
- When you submit the documents, you would have to pay your visa fee
- Once the payment is done, you would receive a unique application ID.
- You can use this ID to track the progress of your application.
- After the application is processed, you would receive the visa in your email.
- You have to take a printout of your visa and carry it with you while traveling to Dubai.
Dubai Visa Cost
The cost of a Dubai visa can be anywhere between AED 200 to AED 2150. The exact price would depend on the type of visa you are applying for, a number of days, single entry or multiple entries, etc. The visa fees once paid are not refundable, even when a visa is denied.
Reasons for Dubai Visa Rejection
In some cases, your Dubai visa application may get rejected. Your UAE visa request may be denied due to the following circumstances:
- A woman under the age of 25 planning to travel to Dubai without parents, husband or any other relatives
- People with unskilled professions like laborer, service, farmer, etc. on their passport
- Citizens of Pakistan and Bangladesh who have a handwritten passport
- People who have tourist, employment or resident a visa that has not been canceled
- Previous records of criminal offense, misconduct or fraud in Dubai
- Applications that have a typo or factual errors
- Applications with photos that are unclear or blurred
Tips for Easy Entry into Dubai
Once you get your visa, you would be all excited to start your journey to the Emirates city. In order to make your entry in Dubai smooth and fast, here are some tips that you can follow:
- If you do not have any relatives or friends in Dubai, you need to have proof of confirmed hotel booking in the city.
- Citizens of Asian countries should have “Ok to Board” from the airlines they are traveling with along with their valid visa.
- You need to carry the proof of your confirmed return ticket with you.
- Make a point to scan all your travel documents, so that you can easily access the soft copy in time of need. Taking photocopies It is also a good idea.
- Ensure that you do not break any laws during your stay in the Emirates city. Learn about the laws, customs and traditions of Dubai and the UAE before reaching the place.
- An International Driving Permit is required if you plan to drive in the UAE.
Getting a Dubai tourist visa or Dubai visit visa is quite simple and easy if you follow all the rules and regulations as well as steps while submitting your visa application. To make things easier for you, you can also apply for your visa through a travel or visa agency.