QuickBooks software is engineered by Intuit for small and medium sized businesses that are looking for a way to cut down on their cost. With QuickBooks these owners do not need a big team for managing the accounting and financial side of the business. Its powerful features combined with innovative design give it a fresh look which is both user-friendly and professional.
With QuickBooks you can leave the worry of annoying tedious accounting tasks that not only takes hours to finish but also take a lot more human resource. However, despite offering so many strong features, QuickBooks at times do end up causing issues due to problems like corrupted registry, damaged files etc. One such issue is with login. Sometimes while trying to login with username and password, you might encounter following error message:
“Error: The attempt to log in with the user name “xxx” failed when opening a company data file”
This error message indicates that you will not be able to access QuickBooks till the time you do not resolve the issue correctly. This means that your work process is interrupted for unforeseen time period. In this case you should immediately get in touch with QuickBooks customer support team and inform them about the issue in detail. QuickBooks is accounting software designed to help small and medium business owners in managing the financial part of their businesses without much hassle. The software is structured in such a way that even novice computer users can also use it easily. Its powerful features along with regular updates, on the other hand makes a delightful package for users who want to do more than just simple accounting. User friendly interface and easy to understand navigation are another two bonus for all the users. Inspite of having such impeccable features for businesses all over the world, QuickBooks do tend to cause issues at times for its users. Problems like inaccessibility of the software, malfunctioning of features etc are some common complaints that are heard by the QuickBooks customer support team. These problems are generally identified by some error codes. Different codes result from different problem sectors of the software. One such error is QuickBooks Error -6150,-1006 that user faces while opening company file. This error may occur when you try to create, open or if you try to use company file.
Fix or Resolve QuickBooks Login Issue
To understand the error in more depth, you should first be clear about the reason for this problem. It could be due to:
- Another user, who has access to the software, is already using QuickBooks through remote access but has forgotten to log out from the previous QuickBooks session.
- User name that you are using is already being used from different workplace.
- It could be network issue.
- Once you know what the reason behind the error is, it is quite easy to rectify it. You can try to do it on your own by using the following instructions:
- Firstly close all the QuickBooks sessions:
- Go To Task manager by clicking simultaneously on Ctrl + Alt + Delete.
- Select the tab called Processes.
- You can alphabetize all the open process by selecting Image Name tab.
- Select all the processes beginning with “qb” and right click the mouse to end these sessions.
- Try to login again into the software. If still unsuccessful try to restart the server that contains the company’s data file.
- Try to open QuickBooks on a workstation. Now again login to the company data file. You could also try login via another user name.
- Another trick that you can use is to restore the previous session on your QuickBooks from the backup created.
- QuickBooks software was created with the view of helping small and medium scale businesses in managing their accounts and finances in safe and swift manner. With this software, business owners don’t need to employ huge number of employees for handling the incoming and outgoing of cash flow. This in turn helps to save up on many resources especially monetary and human.
In fact, studies show that when it comes to effectiveness of learning, 1-on-1 training is 120% more effective than learning in a group and 175% more effective than web-based learning. In the last five years we have developed our classes to be industry-specific, so time spent learning is focused on your specific business or job needs.
Not having to waste time learning what you don’t need allows for better retention of information. And a lack of retention of information is a big complaint I hear when we get people coming to us after having taken other types of classes. This focused attention to your questions and learning requirements is the real reason why we have successfully trained so many people on QuickBooks. The error can take place while you are starting your system or performing a shutdown. One more place where this error occurs mostly is during installing or upgrading of operating system. The point to keep in mind is that you should know when the error has occurred and what you were doing on the system at the point. It is imperative to know this as this could help in narrowing down the perfect solution.