Reach potential visitors with these tips
An event without visitors simply cannot be a success … In this article, we give you some practical tips that you can use to reach potential visitors.
Before you start
Before you start promoting, your target group must be 100% known. Try to answer at least the following questions:
- What is the average age?
- Where do they live?
- Is it mainly men or women?
- What are their interests?
If you paint a good picture of your customers, you also have a solid basis for determining where and through which channels your promotion will be most efficient. Of course, you only want to promote where potential customers will see them. We start with online tips; then, we give some offline tips.
Online you naturally have your website (if you have one). But there are also several other channels that you can use.
# 1 Make your event clearly visible on your website
Do you have a website yourself? Then this is the ideal medium to put your event in the spotlight. Make sure that interested visitors end up on an excellent landing page and immediately see where they can register or buy or sell tickets online for an event. Don’t have a website? Then create at least one free Facebook event.
# 2 Use Facebook
With more than 1 billion users, the chances are that a number of people on Facebook are interested in your event.
This is where the information about your target group comes in handy.
- Step 1: Create an event on Facebook (left in the menu under your profile photo). Just follow the steps. It is very easy.
- Step 2: Invite friends, acquaintances, and relationships.
- Step 3: Promote your event. Click to promote the event (on the right in the menu if you click on the three dots) and follow the steps.
- Here you can clearly state who the target group is.
- Step 4: You can also give away free tickets via Facebook. Ask to like your page, share your mail and reward a number of lucky ones with a free duo ticket (hoping the winners also bring a lot of friends and acquaintances).
# 3 Use Twitter
Use Twitter to get in touch with people who might be interested in your event.
- Step 1: Go to http://www.twitter.com/search
- Step 2: Enter a keyword that is related to the topic of your event (for example, massage, real estate, art, photography, sport fishing, rock ‘n roll …)
- Step 3: Provide a valuable response with a link to the page with information about the event.
# 4 Search for relevant forums
Relevant forums are an excellent way to make your event more visible.
- Step 1: Search relevant forums on Google.
- Step 2: Register on the relevant forum.
- Step 3: Try to add value to the forum by giving the right answers and comments. Meanwhile, promote your event.
# 5 Send an email to potentially interested parties
Email is and will remain one of the most valuable ways to reach people online.
- Step 1: Make a list with email addresses. Of course, you can’t just send thousands of emails, but personal mail to people you know is no problem.
- Step 2: Send an email with information about the event and why people should come.
Offline there are also different channels for promotion.
# 1 Radio
Advertising via the radio does not have to be prohibitive if you address social communications. Var.be is a company that can certainly help you make a radio spot.
# 2 Provide eye-catching business cards
Whether you are promoting in the period preceding your event or want to network at the event itself: beautiful business cards are a must.
This way, people have a tangible reminder of your event and your company.
# 3 Rent an advertising car
Do you want to be known? Then rent an advertising car, preferably one with sound.
Just type “rent an advertising car” in Google: you get more than 1000 results where you can rent such cars.
# 4 Word-of-mouth advertising
Undoubtedly the most reliable marketing technique.
Ask employees and people who have registered to pass on the event to their acquaintances. Everyone knows about 20 people with the same demographic characteristics and interests, so that means 20 potential visitors for your event.
Hopefully, you found these tips useful. You can also promote the event by yourself by reading this blog on how to do SEO of event based website. Do you have any questions about your event and its promotion? Let us know!