Leh, Ladakh is one of the most popular places to explore in India. It is one such destination that boasts cold temperatures throughout the year. There are various places to visit in Leh including snow-capped mountainous regions and lakesides. With such various kinds of attractions, one needs to make a list of essentials to carry on the trip. Let us have a look at some of such essentials:-
Medical Kit – Carrying a medical kit to a place like Leh is very important. While traveling to a place such varied temperature there are high chances of one falling ill. Some of the essentials to carry in your first-sid kit include Iodex, headache tablets, dizziness tablets, band-aids, Dettol, Aspirin, mountain sickness medicine, Imodium, and others.
Wearable Items – Some of the most essentials to carry while traveling to Leh include clothing that one can wear in layers to avoid the cold. Also, when worn clothes in layers, one can opt to remove the outer layer or two in case the temperature gets increased. Some of the clothing to include are gloves, jackets, woolens, mufflers, etc.
Skin Care Products – While traveling to a place like Leh Ladakh one needs to be extremely concerned for one’s skin. Carry sunglasses to both keep your eyes protected and enhance your looks. A good sunscreen lotion is another essential to keep skin protected from the harsh rays of the sun. Mustard oil is another essential to carry along as it can be applied in nostrils such that it doesn’t get painful and dry owing to the cold climatic conditions. The cold weather might even make your lips and skin dry and chapped. Applying a good moisturizer and lip balm would keep them moisturized ad hydrated. Additionally, while applying the product make sure to apply a generous amount for best results.
Also if you are planning to take a road trip to Ladakh through a four-wheeler one must be aware of the essentials to carry. Some of such essentials are listed below:-
- Mobile chargers, other chargers of gadgets, and a power bank – These are essentials to keep your equipment charged for essential usage.
- Memory card for the camera – While on your way you’ll come across amazing picturesque landscapes to capture.
- Camera battery – extra camera batteries in case the previous one dies out too soon due to the cold environment.
- Enough cash – enough cash is important such that you do not require an ATM hunt on your way. Even if you find one, you’ll end up standing in a long queue at the ATM and wasting a lot of time.
- Important documents including ID proofs and photocopies of them all.
- Medical Kit – A medical kit with all the necessary medicines is a very important item to include in the list such that any emergency can be met with ease. It must include Dettol/savlon, iodex, pain killers, headache medicines, band-aids, stomach ach medicines etc.
- Ladakh map
- List of important contact numbers in case your mobile battery dies.
- Wearable items like protectors from UV rays, Lip balm, muffler, caps, water or wind proof jackets.
- Torch with extra cells
- Water bottle
- Toiletries like toothbrush, toothpaste, comb, soap (paper soap), towel, shampoo, deodorant.
- Eatables like dry fruits, some almonds, chips, biscuits, and a few chocolates to freshen up the mood.
- Photography Gear: If you are a photographer and love to capture nature’s beauty than Ladakh is your place. Do carry lenses, filters, tripods, memory cards, rain cover, batteries, and chargers.
- Oxygen cylinder is a must for the Ladakh trip.
- Mustard Oil – Mustard oil is extremely useful to carry to a cold place like Ladakh as it can be put inside the nostrils and ears to avoid aching due to the cold climate.
- Lip Balm – Cold weather tends to make lips dry and chapped. This can be easily taken care of by using a good lip balm now and then.
- Clothes – Carry lots of woolens, jackets, hand gloves, socks, etc. as the climate of Ladakh is very cold. It is advised to carry clothes of such kind that one can wear in layers. Hence, you must also carry cotton clothes along with jackets and woolens.
Also see: What to Eat & Shop While in Ladakh